The disruption in the dyestuffs industry began two decade ago. With the advent of eco-friendly dyes, there is yet another adjustment – business towards Asian markets. Indian intermediates seem to emerge as popular suppliers for global textiles and fabric sector. It boosts viability of the fashion industry which dangles on processes of fabric creation to a large extent.
We put the spotlight on acid dyes manufacturing processes required for the textile sector. They are used globally for wool, nylon and silk.
Overview about trends in acid dyes
India has the best production quality for dying processes. Manufacturers have caught up with the trends even for offering acid dyes for direct printing on various protein materials made of wool, viscose and silk. There is nothing toxic about these eco-friendly dyes. These dyes have a classification depending on the characteristics they exhibit. These could be towards affinity to dying or the chemical structure.
The following graph depicts the 3 classes
Why global buyers are turning to Asian Dyestuffs Manufacturers?
India, in particular is the current hub for the Dyestuffs Production. Knowing fully well that there is a demand in the global market the manufacturers pay special attention to:
- Investment in extensive Research and Development for product creations
- Treatment of pollution vis a vis processes
- Capital investment and cost involved by Indian manufacturers
Why are eco-friendly dyes trending?
Various dying and finished processes have come into focus as demands for clothing constantly progresses. Globally enhancement in this sector is pressurized by the fashion industry and the end consumer to make processes more environmental-friendly. People are more health conscious and prefer wearing fabrics that support ecosystem and human resources involved in manufacturing process. The use of biodegradable dyes does not impact the rivers and workers adversely. European manufacturers took the decision to modify processes much before Asian markets. But being an expensive proposition the trending demands of textile industry have shifted towards Asian countries. The water wastage and treatment of pollution by manufacturers are keeping them in business. The thrust towards meeting demands also involve cost-effective production of various classes of dyes.
Best practices used by Asian Dye Manufacturers
- Adopting novel processes in manufacturing
- Usage of appropriate dyes for different industrial applications
- Investment in research and development
- Treatment of water pollution to keep workers and eco-system safe
- Meeting demands of global clients in a timely manner
- Helping them to produce fabrics that meet end consumer sensibilities
- New technologies are used to reduce wastage of water
- Apart of the capital investment meets updated regulatory policies
- Timely delivery to clients
Indian manufacturers based in Gujarat and Maharashtra support production of eco-friendly dyes and help their textile clients to compete globally. They now play an important role in supplying products all over the globe. Apart from producing good quality acid dyes a comprehensive portfolio also includes basic dyes, solvent dyes, direct dyes and reactive dyes.