Curcumin Liquid is a natural food colour derived from the rhizome of the turmeric plant, known scientifically as Curcuma longa. It's a water-soluble substance that imparts a vivid yellow to dark orange colour to foods, beverages, and other products.
"Curcumin Liquid = Natural Food Colour derived from Turmeric root"
Extraction Process: From Root to Colour
The extraction of Curcumin from the turmeric root is a meticulous process. The rhizomes are harvested annually, some for replanting and others for consumption. The rhizomes destined for consumption are boiled and dried, after which they are ground into a deep orange-yellow powder.
This powder, rich in curcumin, is then processed further to create a stable, water-soluble version ideal for various applications. Some manufacturers also produce an oil-soluble version that disperses evenly and offers excellent oil solubility.
Curcumin liquid is endowed with several unique properties that make it stand out:
- Colour: It imparts a bright yellow to dark orange colour depending on the application and amount used.
- Stability: It shows great stability within a pH range of 3.0 to 7.0, making it suitable for various food and beverage applications.
- Resistance: It is highly resistant to light, heat, and acid, ensuring that the colour remains consistent even in harsh conditions.
- Health Benefits: Curcumin is known to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-cancer properties, making it not just a natural colorant but also a health-boosting ingredient.
Uses of Curcumin Liquid
Curcumin liquid finds application in a wide array of sectors:
- Food Industry: It is used to colour various food products like flour products, frozen drinks, pastries, seasonings, pickled vegetables, and more.
- Beverage Industry: It is commonly used in beverages and functional drinks.
- Pharmaceutical Industry: Curcumin is used in various health supplements and pharmaceutical products due to its health-promoting properties.
- Cosmetic Industry: In cosmetics, it is used for its skin-benefiting properties and ability to impart colour.