Solvent metal complex dyes are very popular due to versatile functions and uses. Manufacturers whose main business is to produce them can create customized formulations for various industries. Miscibility and solubility are the main characteristics that define the functionality of solvent metal complex dyes. They are ideal for wood coating/staining, stationary and printing inks, aluminum foil coloring, baking finishes, hot stamping foil coloring, shoe polishing and leather finishes.
We present an overview of this important category that manufacturers produce for various industries. Using key intermediaries in-house for APIs in well-equipped labs makes the supplier a one-stop solution for several customers.
Solvent metal complex dyes have a good compatibility with resins (natural and synthetic) and organic solvents. They are particularly suitable because they exhibit ideal properties for light fastness, color strength and possess a good resistance to heat.
Advantages of in-house solutions
- Quality control is maintained at each stage. With the right procurement of raw materials, monitoring during testing procedure is convenient. It makes delivery of end results more accurate for the customers.
- There is a wide variety of vibrant and precise color schemes which are valued in printing and coating sectors. As stability to high heat is critical, in-house processes bring out the right shades required for resistance.
- Solubility is the key to solvents metal complex dyes. They include Butyl Cellosolve, Ethanol, MEK, Ethoxy and Methoxy Propanol. These are perfect for developing aromatic solvents.
- According to EN71, the low metal content is maintained. Since there is a ban on amines (21 CFR standard), the regulatory standards are adhered to during testing and actual development for various applications.
- Even after long term storage there is no precipitation.
- Common uses across industries make solvents metal complex dyes important for manufacturers to cater to demands.
Applications by industry
- Leather topcoats
- Wax, candles, varnishes and spirit
- Printing Inks (gravure, offset and flexographic)
- Stationary inks
- Wood Staining
- Plastic dyes for engineering plastic
- Paints –solvent-based, industrial and automotive
- Aluminum foil printing
- Metalized polyester films
Various shades can be created depending on the industrial requirement. For example, for making wax, candles and spirit the spectrum of colors supplied include:
- Solvent yellow 2
- Solvent yellow 14, 56, 62
- Solvent Red 23 and 24
- Solvent Orange 2, 7
- Solvent Blue 35, 36
- Solvent Black 5, 7
- Solvent green 3, 7
There is also a high grade and range available for polymer soluble solvent dyes for engineering plastic.
To ensure that each shade is created manufacturers offer quality assurance for all solvent metal complex dyes for raw materials and also finished prodcuts. The testing lab is well-equipped with important infrastructure that contains:
- Filter Index machine to test FPV values according to the regulatory norms
- Accurate moisture testing with Karl-Fischer
- Melting point apparatus
- Injection molding machines
- Applicator for solvent soluble dyes
- Wet testing (titration, purity analysis and N.V)
- Dyeing machines for specific acid dyes
In-house facilities that offer these critical points give manufacturers an edge to have a global presence. Continuous R & D also add immense value to the processes, technicality and outcome.